Cameron, Wisconsin

I signed up for a "free membership" so I could purchased a pair of shoes from ShoeMint on 4/22/13 not being informed anything about monthly membership fees. When I was charged the first unexpected membership fee on 5/5/13 (AND not to mention, a $35 overdraft fee from my bank due to insufficient funds) ShoeMint customer service rep, "Connie H" brought to my attention that I had misunderstood the policy and that I could cancel my account but my $79.98 credit would remain available to use for one year. I was also informed that if I put any additional charges to ShoeMint on my credit card, that my account would then be reactivated.

With that, I decided to make the best of the situation and use my ShoeMint credit towards another pair of shoes. I placed my order, NEVER ONCE providing them my credit card information. Not only was I charged for the shoes, but I then received another unexpected membership charge of $79.98 to my checking account on 6/5/13 (followed by another $35 overdraft fee from my bank). This time, I worked with customer service rep "Hillary" who informed me that I could not put my credit towards any item that is not equal to the EXACT amount of the credit ($79.98) or ANY sale item. I was therefore responsible for paying for the second pair of shoes, however despite this ridiculous policy, Hillary so kindly refunded my money for the membership fee and assured me this would not happen again. At no point in time did I EVER intend to continue my membership with ShoeMint. I was only trying to USE MY CREDIT and never had any intention whatsoever to reactivate my account.

On 7/5/13 I was charged a THIRD unexpected membership fee of $79.98 and was told by "Connie H" that I had reactivated my account by purchasing the second pair of shoes and refused to issue me a refund. I insisted to speak with her supervisor, who later contacted me and offered me a refund for membership fee and closed my ShoeMint account permanently.

I have read countless online consumer forums complaining about similar scenarios, however hardly any of them were so fortunate as to receive any of their money back. If I had not been issued either of my refunds, I would have been absolutely LIVID. After all the hassle over the past 4 months, I do not intend to buy any more shoes from ShoeMint. What I want is for ShoeMint to stop playing word games with their customers - their crooked business model is intentionally deceitful and dishonest.

My advice to those who have been screwed out of your money by ShoeMint (or any of the "Mints" for that matter) - KEEP FIGHTING!!!

Comments

Hello!

I just wanted to take the time to explain how ShoeMint works. After the first credit card purchase that enrolls you in our preferred membership where you can either "skip the month" or a $79.98 store credit is placed into your account. Skipping the month is very easy! You would just have to log into your account and click "skip the month" in the top right hand corner between the 1st-5th. Once you click that link and confirm the skip, you are not billed anything! There is never an obligation to pay and essentially the membership can be completely free.

Our membership is explained in multiple places on our site such as a paragraph disclaimer directly under the "purchase" button at checkout, on your confirmation email after your first purchase, on our promotional emails as well as our FAQs, Terms of Service and How it works page.

Other benefits of our membership include a personalized showroom based on the style quiz our customers take at sign up. Keep in mind, that all products are available for purchase. You do not have to solely pick from your showroom selection. We also offer Mintsider rewards points after each purchase you make on our site. You receive 10 points for each dollar you spend. These points can be redeemed for free merchandise. We also constantly have promotional offers for our preferred members. They could include free gifts with purchase, a percentage off ShoeMint shoes, double Mint rewards and many more!

If anyone ever has additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact customer care at: shoemint 888-483-8093, customercare@shoemint.com or live chat with us. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,