ShoeMint - Simple Review #1452727175

Braintree, Massachusetts 0 comments

I have a 79.00 credit for the website shoemint, all shoes have been sold out and I am unable to purchase anything or get in contact with anyone. I would like a refund or I'll be contacting the better business bureau.

Review about: Shoes.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

ShoeMint - Charged my credit card, then took credits away and appear to be out of business

Odenton, Maryland 2 comments

I ordered a pair of shoes and then they randomly started charging my credit card six months later. Example I have a 2014 summary and I was charged in January the 79.98. Then randomly in July I was charged again. I can't even look at my history to see if an order prompted that. So my credit card balance went up to 1000 as I was charged July, Aug, Sept, October. + horrible interest rate.

I tried to order shoes to use the darn credits and the options were ***. Then they just took my last credits and shut down with no notification whatsoever.

If anyone is suing count me in. I did not want those credits and want my money back.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. klohan stated that there is a room for improvement of you could only use credit as a whole and you could not get refund. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of shoes and associated monetary loss in the amount of $160. ShoeMint needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned shoes in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at ShoeMint.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1355515

I had over $100 in credit with shoemint, and now they are our of business? I want my money back!!!

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1053597

Dispute the erroneous charges with your card company. Just be grateful you didn't use a debit card.

Shoemint Membership Review from Naperville, Illinois

Naperville, Illinois 1 comment
4.3

I'm sorry but you are all a bunch of morons. It clearly states this is a membership site.

Do you just blindly sign for things without checking into it?

I agree they do bank on people forgetting to skip a month, which is why I own a pair of booties now, but that doesn't make it a scam. They don't do the membership anymore, probably because they were so sick of all the brainless people complaining about something that they willingly signed up for.

Reviewer is in happy mood. Please contact the author of this review to discuss shoemint membership. ShoeMint needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned shoemint membership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at ShoeMint.

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1211822

I bet your booties are ugly too

DO NOT ORDER FROM SHOEMINT

Washington, District Of Columbia 0 comments

Their phone number is out of order. Their email is broken.

Their corporate office phone is maxed out.

I placed an order with shoemint. Ordered two shoes in separate orders. Both had to be returned. I returned them following shoemint's instructions and was not reimbursed.

Tried numerous times to contact them. Their phone numbers are no longer in order. Email addresses not working either.

They make it impossible to lodged an inquiry as every vehicle posted as their mode of contact is no longer in service.

Nothing works on the site except the purchase selection and payment entry. Good luck getting your money back if you return anything.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of shoemint online order from ShoeMint. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $60 and wants ShoeMint to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was service. Author liked the most some shoes. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by ShoeMint for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

ShoeMint - Rude customer service

3.5

So I was actually not suckered into keeping the account but it took me about an hour to get them to accept my card (We don't see your card being declined, call your bank. Couldn't have been the bank, I tried cards from multiple banks) then I called back to cancel as it says I am fully allowed to cancel at any time.

The girl was just straight up rude to me "We've never had someone call within 20 minutes to cancel after making a purchase, we're bringing you these discounts because you're a member not for you to use us." I noted that it said I could cancel at any time and she kept beating the point "The membership is how you were able to buy those shoes for $30. Keep that in mind if you ever decide to open another account." I was polite the whole time but on the inside I couldn't believe it!

I also work in customer service and we have people use our discounts and cancel memberships alllll of the time, we never badger them or try to guilt them into keeping a membership.

The whole experience has left a really sour taste in my mouth, honestly, I would have kept the membership if it hadn't been for the card issue but after that I simply didn't trust the company. Being badgered for my money will NEVER get someone to continue to use your service.

I'll stick with my excellent customer service over at nordstroms in the future, this is what I get for liking just 1 pair of shoes on their site.

I'm very disappointed.

Review about: Credit Card Payment.

Shoemint Subscription Scam

I won a free pair of shoes from Shoemint from a contest on one of my favorite blogs. I had never heard of the company before but was so excited to have won shoes, I didn't do any research on them. That was a serious mistake on my part.

When I went to the site, I was told by Shoemint that it credited my account to cover the pair of free shoes I had won. I picked out my shoes, made my way to the checkout, and clicked to use my credit. The website asked for my credit card information at the checkout which wasn't unusual to me when placing an order online. I wasn't charged for the shoes and they arrived quite quickly.

Fast forward to the beginning of the next month- I received an email telling me to 'skip' the month if I wasn't interested in buying anything or I would be charged. It seemed those supposed free shoes came with an expensive subscription. Thus began the next year of me clicking the skip button every month to keep from accruing a charge to my credit card. I attempted to call the company to cancel my subscription a few times only to either not reach a representative or be put on hold and ultimately disconnected.

I ended up forgetting to skip this past month and was charged the $79.98 subscription fee which was finally the last straw for me. I called the company and after the representative spent 15 minutes trying to convince me to keep my account, I finally got her to both cancel my account and refund me the $79.98 charge. I thought my ordeal was finally over. My account was indeed cancelled but two weeks later, my refund still had not shown up. I called the company again. The representative looked through my information and told me that no refund was issued. She said she could issue me a refund as a courtesy and sent me an email confirmation of having done so. Now I find myself waiting again for the refund I was promised.

Review about: Membership Fee.

Shoemint SCAM

Amarillo, Texas 0 comments

ordered a pair of shoes on ShoeMint. Discovered my cc was being charged $79.98 per month.

Called the company to request a refund. At first, they agreed to only refund ONE month of the "membership fee", but after I demanded to speak with a supervisor, they agreed to refund all. I specifically asked if I had "checked off a box" at the time of the shoe purchase signing me up for a membership. Her response was that a check mark "defaults" and the box is already checked....how convenient!

I asked how many complaints & unhappy phone calls they receive, and her response was it was unusual...yea right! I also expressed my frustration in not being able to go into my account & delete my credit card info!

The customer isn't able to delete credit card info....only edit it!! That is absolutely ridiculous!

Review about: Membership Refund.

ShoeMint - Shady business

Rochester, New York 0 comments

I signed up for an account for shoemint to purchase a pair of shoes. I was aware of the monthly charge and intended on canceling the membership promptly. I ended up returning the shoes and therefore did not cancel my membership as I was afraid a refund would not be processed. I intended on doing the "skip" function to avoid being charged the monthly fee, and assumed they would send an email notice that a charge would be made. No email was sent and I missed the window to skip the monthly charge. (I might add the skip button on the website is not very obvious, probably hoping that you would forget).

Anyway, I was charged the monthly fee. I did call them back, after a long hold time they did refund my charge. The poor girl on the phone clearly was reading a script saying she understood that it was confusing and she has suggested to management that notice should be sent each month. So my monthly charge was refunded.

But what about the shoes I returned? Almost a month after I sent them in, I had no refund on my account. I called them up to see what the delay was. They said that the warehouse doesn't always notify the company of the return. Thankfully the amount owed is refunded, but it was the worst customer experience I think I have ever had. I can tell this company preys on those that are not diligent in reviewing their credit card balances.

Review about: Shoemint Membership.

DONT GO ON SHOEMINT!!!

they charge you a hundred dollars a month just to be able to use the account other then the cost for the shoes. there is no way to stop them charging your card other then calling your bank and getting a new card.

they are impossible to reach (online and on the phone).

very frustrating and shoes are not even worth it very uncomfortable and look better online. also claim they pay for return but impossible to return since they don't provide you with a stamp or return address and make you return receipt so your left with no evidence.

Review about: Credit Card Charge.

Hello!

I just wanted to take the time to explain how ShoeMint works. After the first credit card purchase that enrolls you in our preferred membership where you can either "skip the month" or a $79.98 store credit is placed into your account. Skipping the month is very easy! You would just have to log into your account and click "skip the month" in the top right hand corner between the 1st-5th. Once you click that link and confirm the skip, you are not billed anything! There is never an obligation to pay and essentially the membership can be completely free.

If you wanted to read further into our membership it is explained in a paragraph disclaimer directly under the "purchase" button at checkout, on your confirmation email after your first purchase, on our promotional emails as well as our FAQs, Terms of Service and How it works page.

Other benefits of our membership include a personalized showroom based on the style quiz our customers take at sign up. Keep in mind, that all products are available for purchase. You do not have to solely pick from your showroom selection. We also offer Mintsider rewards points after each purchase you make on our site. You receive 10 points for each dollar you spend. These points can be redeemed for free merchandise. We also constantly have promotional offers for our preferred members. They could include free gifts with purchase, a percentage off ShoeMint shoes, double Mint rewards and many more!

In regards to returns, all Mints offer prepaid return labels. If you were not satisfied with your purchase, you would just need to contact customer care within our return policy time period of 30 days and they would be happy to assist you with a return or exchange.

If anyone ever has additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact customer care at: shoemint 888-483-8093, customercare@shoemint.com or live chat with us. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

BeachMint Support

ShoeMint - Hidden Fees

I experienced the exact same negative consequence of a first-time purchase with ShoeMint. Nowhere in the process of the actual purchase was there a prompt or indication that the purchase would trigger subsequent withdrawals.

Even in the Terms and Conditions the phrasing is very unclear and misleading. The aforementioned Terms refer to the withdrawal from your account as a "credit" that you earn; leading one to believe that these are complimentary credits, not something imposed upon you by withdrawing the money from your account. Withdrawing your money from your account isn't "crediting" it's billing. Furthermore, nowhere on the main site page or description does ShoeMint refer to itself as a "shoe club" or mention that you MUST make a purchase every month (or waive out).

Before withdrawing your funds, they should notify you of your options so as to enable the "skip" process.

I just sent an email, and work for a firm that specializes in consumer class action.

I intend to file a complaint with the BBB and if this matter is not resolved, I will endeavor to form a consumer class against this corrupt company. I am fully convinced that all positive reviews made on behalf of ShoeMint are persons with direct interest in the success of the company, ie- employees or investors.

Review about: Heeden Fees.

Stuart, Florida, United States #896173

I had the same issues. There is no transparency with this company.

Customer service barely exists, the return/refund/membership process is cloaked in secrecy and purposefully misleading and convoluted. A terrible company with inferior products. The products look beautiful online, yet when received are either wrong size/color, defective, inferior quality/workmanship/materials.

Do not fall for their slick marketing. It will cost you lots and lots of money.

Hello!